Optimising the range of fertilisation offers and advice for farmers in order to increase agronomic efficiency and environmental compliance.
Exchanges on the results of fertiliser trials of general interest:
- Long-term P and K trials;
- Other fertiliser materials (by-products, effluents, sludge, new fertiliser materials);
- Agronomic additives (stimulators, micro-organisms, etc.).
Key issues for fertilisers:
- Nitrates Directive and vulnerable zones;
- Carbon footprint and taxes;
- Product life cycles.
Product quality and applications:
- Procedures to calibrate products for spreading over large widths (collaboration with IRSTEA, formerly CEMAGREF);
- Establishment of a technical, economic and environmental argument for fertiliser blends (study conducted by the German University of Wageningen), in collaboration with the Monitoring Commission for Regulations and Techniques and the Economic Commission.