AFCOME represents professionals in fertiliser marketing and defends the material and moral interests of its members.
In addition, its missions and objectives are to:
- Promote fertilisers, particularly fertiliser blends to public authorities, semi-public bodies and professionals working in the fields of regulation, standardisation, the environment, agronomy and public health;
- Acquire, develop and use information covering the various aspects of its members’ activities: general information on markets and their different players, on technologies, regulations, agronomy, the environment, etc.;
- Conduct technical studies in order to improve and guarantee the quality of fertiliser blends, particularly by providing a Code of Good Practice: the Handbook of Solid Fertilizer Blending;
- Organise training activities to increase its members’ expertise, particularly by publishing the Guide on the Principal Rules for Fertilizer Marketing.
AFCOME achieves its missions and objectives via a number of activities and projects:
- The work of the commissions;
- Collaboration with other professional organisations in France and abroad;
- AFCOME’s membership of EFBA (European Fertilizer Blenders Association);
- International contacts with distribution (Australia, Brazil, Canada, South Africa, USA, etc.);
- AFCOME’s International Meetings.
AFCOME is represented in the leading French and European organisations, which allows it to increase its influence and better defend its members’ interests:
- ANPEA: National Professional Association for Fertilisers and Liming Materials.
- BN FERTI: Office for Fertiliser Standardisation.
- SOVEA: Fertiliser Packaging and Liming Materials Development Company.
- EFBA: European Fertilizer Blenders Association.
AFCOME also works with other professional organisations:
- Coop de France
- FNA: Federation of Agricultural Traders.
- UNIFA: Union of Fertilizer Industries.
- IFA: International Fertilizer Association.
- FE: Fertilizer Europe.