AFCOME promotes sustainable and profitable (ecologically productive) agriculture.
Its members ensure that products are managed and used in a responsible manner by:
- Developing and refining fertiliser blending techniques;
- Communicating on the economic, agronomic and environmental benefits of fertiliser blends;
- Devising and sharing the best fertiliser distribution techniques;
- Developing and disseminating directions for use to ensure that risks are controlled in terms of the facilities, the safety of farmers, the efficiency of the fertilisers and environmental compliance;
- Making every effort to ensure that the storage, transport and marketing regulations for fertilisers and blends comply with legislation.